Thursday, December 31, 2015
My personal top 10 Home Free moments of 2015
OK, so Home Free asked what our favorite video of 2015 is and there is no way I could pick just one. But I thought I’d put together a list of my favorite personal Home Free moments from 2015. I had the opportunity to see four concerts this year and met many Home Fries. Not to mention other events that happened this year because I found Home Free and their fans. These are my personal top 10 Home Free moments for 2015. Counting down from #10.
10. Getting amazing encouragement from Carina Lindberg, Genevra Lazzeretti and Leslie Tidd to start both this and my other blog. I have wanted to share for years and these ladies helped me believe in myself! I have some pretty amazing followers too, who keep me going! #HomeFryLove
9. Small after party in Houston left me with a wonderful selfie of Johnny F’s thumb and another of him and Georgene. That’ll teach me to leave my phone on the bar!
8. Meeting Dena Foust in Abilene. I talked with her briefly in Nederland, but in Abilene she stopped Misty McAllister and me and asked us about the birthday VIP picture with our girls (my daughter's bday is Oct. 11, Chris is Oct. 12 & Misty's daughter's bday is Oct. 13). We talked for a few minutes and she is a delightful woman and her mama pride was beaming brightly.
7. Rob remembers me from the Oklahoma City concert at the Dallas concert. I was all giggles after he said “You made it, where are your kids?” In that same VIP my small fry bravely stood between Austin (her fave) and Chris for the VIP photo. She was a little nervous, but did great!
6. I was honored and thrilled to be asked to be an admin for the Home Free’s Home Fries Facebook group by Cynthia Blizzard. I am an admin today and the ladies I “admin” with are absolutely fantastic! I’ve only been able to meet one of them so far, but I hope to meet them all someday! Love y’all! #HomeFryLove
5. I was asked if one of my pictures of Chris could be used for his Thinkin’ posts. I was floored, and I mean I literally hit the floor, when I got the request. Of course I said YES and I was giddy like a school girl when I saw my picture up there on his post! Since then he has used another one of my photos. #smilin
4. In the signing line in Houston, I had the guys sign a collage I had made of each one of them. They all seemed to like the collage, but Adam took particular interest in his. He asked if those were my photos and I said Yes. Then, he looked at me and asked me if I would send him those pictures. I was proud of myself, I said YES, but very calmly (at least I think I did). Then, when out of his view, I freaked out! He said they were really good pictures! #smilinbigger
3. I got the nerve to ask for a hug from each guy in Houston at the VIP signing. I was so nervous, but each gentlemen was sweet and gave me a hug. That was a turning point for me, I’m not so nervous any more.
2. After the concert in Oklahoma City, a bunch of fries went out to eat. About an hour later, who walks in but Chris, Adam and Tim. They came out and took pictures with a family, but Tim came over and took pictures and talked with all of us. I have a great picture with Tim, Misty and me. Yeah, I was nervous and couldn’t speak, so I’m glad Misty did.
1. And Number One is.....meeting Home Fries from all over the world in Oklahoma and Texas. I can’t name everyone I have met, but I will name my new partners in crime. Misty McAllister, Eleanor Dennison and Kimberly Pettijohn. I am privileged to be able to share my Home Free escapades with these ladies. They are my posse! When Misty offered me her extra ticket to the OKC show I was not only meeting them for the first time, but spending the night with Misty. Thank goodness none of us were axe murderers, LOL! Oh, and that was my first VIP, see how cool Fries are! I have enjoyed meeting so many Home Fries and hope to see y’all at the concerts in the spring. I love the Home Fries, they make everything better! #friesgowitheverything #nothinglikealargeorderoffries #HomeFriesRock
Thank you Home Free and Home Fries for a year full of friendship, love, tears, loyalty, complete silliness, oh and some pretty damn good music from some pretty damn amazing guys! I'm not sure I'm ready for 2016 and all it has to offer, but bring it on! #HomeFreeRocksOnIn2016 #HomeFryLove