Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Brand new cowboy breed," in California Country, baby

I think many of the Home Fries would agree that Austin Brown is like the little brother of Home Free. Picked on a lot and just cute as a button. Don’t get me wrong, Austin is a good looking man with a soulful and exquisite talent. But his playful side and endless spirit reminds me of the adorable little brother the gets all the girl’s attention We love it when he blurts out what video they are working on, “fangirls” over legends they work with, or forgets the lyrics to a song and makes us laugh. But we really love it when he writes a song that you can’t get out of your head. You hear the words all day and find yourself humming the melody, like California Country.

California Country has a special meaning to me also, because I used to live in Van Nuys and Burbank, California. First time I went to Venice Beach, this small town Texas girl had to do everything in her power not to stare or let out a verbal “OH MY…”. I loved every minute I lived there and miss it. This song and video has brought it all back to me.

California Country is simple, heartfelt, flirty, fun, sweet and beautifully harmonic (am I describing the song or Austin? LOL). The video portrays a bit of a touristy day in Hollywood and Home Free, the new cowboy breed, appears to be having a blast. I have to say that when I saw Adam show the Michael Jackson impersonator his moves, I let out a rather loud, “hell yeah, show ‘em how it’s done, Adam!” I remember a couple Periscope videos that happened the day they were filming this video and they looked tired, but still thought to share their adventures with us fans. From the Hollywood Walk of Fame to the incredibly picturesque scene where they are facing the Hollywood sign to the quiet atmosphere around the fire at the end, this video is charming and this song makes me feel just plain happy. 

This is a fantastic original song by Austin Brown and performed by Home Free. The video gives the song life and Austin gives the song heart. It brought back my California dreams, so Thank You Austin! It’s safe to say we can chalk up another successful video that the Home Fries and new Home Free fans will love! California Country can be found on Home Free's Country Evolution CD. This CD is plum full of damn good country music, from The Oak Ridge Boys' Elvira to several brilliant originals like Don't It Feel Good and Good Ole Country Harmony. This blogger looks forward to seeing them live, again, soon. They just got back from their first overseas tour and if you want to hear how amazing it was, check out Carina's Joys of Life blog and her recent post about the concert in Birmingham at http://carinasjoysoflife.blogspot.com/2016/02/my-first-home-free-show-live.html?spref=tw

See the California Country video for yourself! https://youtu.be/yXiqN1EyJ6Y
 

6 comments:

  1. I love it! The song, the video and this blog! And thank you for linking to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the song and video! Excellent blog Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the song and video! Excellent blog Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog, Michelle!! Love that video!! How nice to give Carina's blog a shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great song and a great write up. You nailed it, Michelle. So much Austin in this song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone, glad y'all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete