Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Got the work day blues...check this out!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Home Free never ceases to amaze me. They just released their latest video and I jammed to the beat, giggled, did more jamming and laughed some more. Their 9 to 5 music video is packed with all kinds of entertainment.

Since I have seen their Don't It Feel Good show live recently, I can honestly say that this is my favorite song from the concert. Primarily because of the spectacular and impressive beatboxing jam session in the middle of this song by all five members of Home Free. So, if you haven’t seen them live, do it, this alone is worth it.

The video took me by surprise. The beginning was fun, upbeat, and completely full of the sarcasm that comes with this cynical tune from 1980 (before some of these fine gentlemen were born). Much like Elvira, these energetic gifted men took this song from years gone by and gave it new charm, without taking away from its original glory. They also gave this song a ridiculous beatboxing kick that only, #hecannotbehumantalentedbeyondwords, Adam Rupp can do. Add to that the perfectly choreographed mindless workers and the boyish shenanigans of Home Free and you get a video that has everything. Oh and let’s not forget the chair dancing, which is brilliant and typical of the office life that once was. I can’t say enough how much I enjoyed this video. I know I always say, I can’t stop watching the new video, but this one is a little different. The background dancers take me back to the satirical movie and complete this video like the cherry on top of a sundae. The break out transformation makes me think of the live concert as they begin to dance and show off their signature moves. And I can’t stay still when I listen to this song, they sound awesome and made it groovy.

Yep, this video blew me away. Awesome song conversion from the old to the dumbfounding and amazing Home Free a cappella style, fun and sarcasm, incredible beat, worker to hot musician changeover and chair boogying. Love it all! Great job by all involved in making this video come together.

These guys have covered so many songs and often times they have out done the original, IMHO. All their videos have had something unique about them, like a cute bear, sexy beatboxing and booty shaking, stunning shots of the guys, Home Fry cameos, Legos, beer, “fangirling” with iconic musicians and a hide-n-seek chicken. But this video was a whole lot of unique, rolled into one, with a superb rendition of an ageless song. Working 9 to 5 could take on a whole new (or maybe old) meaning after you see this video. Office life would certainly be celebrated if this kind of diversion could happen every once in a while (and I mean the Home Free kind of diversion!).

Home Free's version of 9 to 5 can be found on their Country Evolution album, which can be purchased via iTunes or Amazon. It truly is a tribute to country music with some new songs that are sure to become classics some day.

Haven’t seen it yet? Well, what the hell are you waiting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment