Thursday, June 30, 2016

@HomeFreeGuys cover of God Bless the USA leaves goose bumps

No time to waste on pleasantries. Home Free has taken amazing, phenomenal, emotionally moving, patriotic chills and love to whole new level with song and video. I’ve seen videos where they just stand or sit there and manage to grab a hold of your heart and soul with their remarkable voices and incomparable style, but this song and video just surpassed all of them.

I don’t even know where to start, but this will get me going in the right direction…this cover of God Bless the USA by Home Free is spine chilling, spirit lifting, heart-pounding and gut wrenching. Their presentation is simply unparalleled. I know I may be biased, as I adore Home Free and what they do with music, but I truly believe this video will stun all those that watch it. 

The scenery alone is striking and brought that proud smile to my face. This song has always been one that makes people stand up and sing with pure honor and dignity.  Lee Greenwood captured the true sense of patriotism with this magnificent song and Home Free maintained that finely tuned attitude and gave it even more life and essence. It’s almost impossible to find the right words to describe how I felt the first time I heard them sing this song live. Now they’ve made this video and I’m speechless and affected right down to my core, but thoughts are exploding, like fireworks, in my head. I have seen Home Free live seven times and it was only at the last concert in Tulsa that I snapped my first picture during this song. I had a sense of disrespect if I took pictures and didn’t stand and sing from my heart during this song. After seeing this video, I know now, I did the right thing not taking pictures during this song. Bravo, Home Free, Bravo. This video should be your pride and joy. I know Ring of Fire changed your lives, but this video will change many lives. Thank you!

Now that all the glory has been shared, I really need to get a few “holy smokes” out of the way. First, it was great to see Chris and his beautiful cowboy hat. I thought it was perfect that he got to sing ‘the lakes of Minnesota’ and that Rob joined him. Chris, Rob and Austin sound spectacular together in this song (like every other song, but this one stands alone). But then, OH MY, TIM!!!! To give Tim “across the plains of Texas’ was just fitting, but the way he sang that line made my heart stop beating. I think I shrieked a bit. Of course, being a Texan myself, I couldn’t ask for a better representation of Texas than the mighty bass voice of one Mr. Tim Foust, y’all. The emotion in the faces of all the guys was very apparent and put me in a very happy place, especially Austin and Rob. But the drum playing by Adam toward the end, where he played the air snare drum, gave me shivers. That was absolutely Adam Rupp perfection.

I know I get all gooey when I talk about these guys and I know I’m not alone in my thinking, but of all their videos, this one rattled my bones. I love all their videos. Sure, some more than others, but their fun personalities and ridiculous talent wins out every time. This video has me “falling in love” with Home Free all over again. So pure, exquisite and picturesque. Not to mention these fine gentlemen are easy on the eyes (you knew I would go there eventually). Home Free you amaze me and I hope this video goes viral and gets the attention is truly deserves. God Bless the USA!





No comments:

Post a Comment